Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jilted Fiance Seeks Retribution!

Sometimes, especially in my younger years, I seemed to attract the strangest women. Perhaps you have had a similar experience.

Over coffee one day, a friend of mine described a young woman that he wanted me to meet. He told me that she was an attractive professional with great lines. He started to draw her figure, but I was a bit leary when he showed me what looked like a bunch of circles.

I trusted my friend so I agreed to meet the young woman. I have to admit, at first, I was smitten with her. She seemed smart, beautiful, and level-headed. I thought we made a pretty good couple.

It seemed like marriage was a certainty, but right after the big engagement, things started to change. First of all, she was costing me a fortune. We started to fight over little things like the $20 bottle of shampoo that she had to have.

She promised me that we would work together to stick to a improved budget. Unfortunately, she never had time to work on a budget with me.

One day, I asked her about her make-up. We were spending a ton of money on her make-up too, and I was hoping she would agree to try something a bit more reasonable. She absolutely flipped when I brought the subject up. "I get it! The prices are high. I know! But this is extremely HIGH quality," she yelled.

"I know it is, honey, but..."

"Fine," she interrupted, "I won't use any make-up." She started to scrape off her make up. I say "scraped" because she had quite a bit on. When she turned to me, I was shocked. The woman before me was NOT the beautiful woman I thought she was. I guess I had never really seen her without at least some of her make-up on.

"Are you happy now?" she demanded. I didn't know what to say, but I knew that her tone twisted my heart.

"Let's work something out," I offered.

"Go! Just go!" she yelled.

And I did.

Leaving the apartment, I knew it was for the best. We simply had different values and we were going in different directions. She knew it. I knew it. And I felt good because I knew it was for the best.

But then she called back the next day, screaming.

She called me a bunch of names. I tried to remind her that she is the one who told me to go, but she didn't care. She just wanted to hurt me. I guess I hurt her when I left?

The next week she even put up some pretty derogatory comments on her myspace page. Oh, she also e-mailed all of my friends to tell them that they should stay away from me because I was dangerous.

Of course, I tried to talk to my buddies about her comments.

A few days passed by and I thought that things had settled down. Boy was I wrong. Her lawyers called me up telling me that I couldn't tell any of my friends how crazy she had been acting.

You know, looking back, I still enjoyed our first few months together, but right now, my jilted ex-girlfriend needs some counseling.

The good news for me is that there are always other fish in the sea, and I am sure that there is a beautiful one in there for me...and for you too!!

No comments: